Cassandra R. Malone
Cassandra R. Malone
Cassandra Malone’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, employment law and litigation, water rights in New Mexico and appellate law services. As an experienced litigator, she regularly represents small businesses, corporations, business owners, general contractors, and subcontractors New Mexico in their commercial litigation and employment related disputes.
As a commercial litigator, she assists clients in a wide variety of issues ranging from contract disputes, such as non‐compete and nonsolicitation agreements, shareholder disputes, tax disputes, and negligence claims.
Cassandra’s employment law and litigation practice involves representation of businesses in a wide range of employment disputes, representing the construction industry and business owners in harassment claims, discrimination claims as well as wrongful termination and FLSA claims. She also assists businesses with the
development and regular review of employee handbooks and employment policies.
As an experienced appellate lawyer, Cassandra is called upon to represent clients through the appeals process in New Mexico. She advises clients during appellate administrative proceedings as well as through state and federal district courts, and before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Additionally, Cassandra represents New Mexico municipalities and landowners in water rights related issues, including transfer of water rights and litigation over water rights in administrative proceedings and state court.
Cassandra serves as a member of the Supreme Court of New Mexico Uniform Jury Instructions – Civil Committee. She is also a board member of the New Mexico Women’s Bar Association.
- New Mexico
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- University of New Mexico, J.D., cum laude (2008)
- University of New Mexico, M.M. (2005)
- University of Oklahoma, B.M., magna cum laude (2002)
State Bar of New Mexico, Member
Supreme Court of New Mexico Uniform Jury Instructions – Civil Committee, Member
New Mexico Women’s Bar Association, Board Member
State Bar of Arizona, Member
H. Vearle Payne American Inn of Court, Member
- Panelist, “Pay Equity and Gender: Women and Fair Pay in the Workplace,” New Mexico State Bar Foundation (October 2021)
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Albuquerque Regional Economic Alliance, Member
- Albuquerque Museum of Art, Past Board Member