About Chris R. Marquez
Chris Marquez represents a variety of clients in the fields of civil and commercial litigation, including business, financial, and property disputes.
With a background in the industry, Chris brings a wealth of experience to construction litigation, representing clients in a variety of disputes related to commercial and residential projects, including construction defect, products liability, contract claims, lien disputes, and licensure issues. He also advises construction clients on strategies and planning to reduce risk of future litigation.
Real Estate Litigation
Chris has represented corporate and individual clients in matters related to commercial and residential real estate transactions, including complex lease and purchase disputes, partition and quiet title actions, boundary and access disputes, mortgage and foreclosure-related litigation, covenant disputes, zoning issues, and lien disputes, including mechanics and materialmen’s liens and oil and gas liens.
In addition to construction and real estate litigation, Chris represents corporate and individual clients in other commercial disputes, including contract and business tort claims, corporate and partnership disputes, insurance coverage issues, employment litigation, and tax disputes.
Civil Rights and Government Defense
Chris defends government clients against claims brought under various federal and state laws, including Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act, the New Mexico Civil Rights Act, the New Mexico Tort Claims Act, and the New Mexico Human Rights Act.
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit
Chris R. Marquez
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, (2016)
- University of Phoenix, B.A., Business Administration, (2013)
Honors & Awards
- University of New Mexico School of Law Honors for:
- Outstanding performance in the Law Practice Clinic
- Outstanding performance in Brief Writing
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of New Mexico, member