Thomas M. Domme
Thomas M. Domme
Tom Domme’s practice focuses on representing public utilities and businesses in energy and regulatory matters including representing clients before the New Mexico Public Regulatory Commission. Tom also specializes in business litigation.
Between 2009 and 2021 Tom was Vice President of External Affairs and General Counsel for New Mexico Gas Company – the largest natural gas utility in the state with 540,000 customers. As Vice President of External Affairs, Tom was responsible for and supervised all regulatory, governmental, and community affairs for the Company. Tom was directly responsible for all regulatory filings by the Company including rate filings, and compliance filings. Tom was involved in all governmental interactions for the Company including engagement with the legislative and executive branches of the state government and most local governments throughout the state. Additionally, Tom acted as lead negotiator with Native American Pueblos, Tribes, and Nations in New Mexico including numerous rights-of-way and business and tax agreements with Native American communities throughout the state.
As General Counsel, Tom was responsible for and supervised all legal matters for the Company and appeared as lead counsel on all substantive matters involving the Gas Company and was actively engaged in the Company’s significant business matters including two acquisitions of the utility in the last decade, and significant litigation including tort litigation, class action litigation, and all matters of business litigation.
Tom retired from the Gas Utility in 2021 and returned to the private practice of law.
Before joining the New Mexico Gas Company, Tom was a partner with the Keleher & McLeod and Miller Stratvert firms in Albuquerque, and before that he was an associate at the Gallegos Law Firm in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and the Rothgerber, Appel, Powers and Johnson firm in Denver, Colorado.
Tom is a native of Albuquerque. Prior to college, Tom served three years in the United States Navy Submarine Service and was honorably discharged.
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico
- Colorado (Inactive)
- University of New Mexico, BBA, Finance, 1981
- Georgetown University, JD, 1984
- Hispano Chamber of Commerce, Board Member (Past)
- New Mexico Cancer Center Foundation, Member
- NAIOP and the Specialization Committee for the New Mexico State Bar upon appointment by the New Mexico Supreme Court
- National Hispanic Cultural Center Foundation , Trustee
- Leadership New Mexico, Member
- New Mexico Philharmonic, Member
- Kirtland Air Force Base (Albuquerque), Honorary Commander
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubble