Ronnie P. Hawks
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Issues in Indian Country
- Energy and Natural Resources
- State & Federal Superfund Law
- Hazardous Wastes, Solid Wastes & Special Wastes
- Water Law
- NEPA Compliance
Ronnie P. Hawks
Ronnie Hawks’s practice focuses on environmental and regulatory matters involving a wide variety of state, federal, and tribal environmental programs, including:
- Federal and state Superfund laws
- Solid and hazardous waste regulations; and
- Surface water and groundwater quality under the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, Arizona’s Aquifer Protection Permit program, and similar laws.
He joined the firm’s environmental law practice as a partner in 2012.
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Arizona State University College of Law, J.D. (1998)
College of William and Mary, B.A. (1985)
- American Bar Foundation Fellow
- American Bar Association, member
- Native American Resources Committee Co-Chair (2014–2015); Chair (2015–2017)
- Environment, Energy and Resources Law Section, member
- Water Resources Committee, Programs Vice-Chair (2021–2022)
- Native American Resources Committee, Newsletter Chair (2012–2014)
- Superfund and Natural Resources Damages Litigation Committee, Programs Vice-Chair (2015–2016)
- Water Resources Committee, Membership Vice-Chair (2013–2014)
- Leadership Development Program (2012–2013)
- State Bar of Arizona, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
- Arizona Forward, Southern Regional Council (2013–2015)
- BIA Proposes Federal Recognition for the Pamunkey Indian Tribe, 10 Native American Resources Committee Newsletter, No. 1, American Bar Association. (May 2014)
- USEPA Report on Navajo Nation Uranium Cleanup Issued, 9 Native American Resources Committee Newsletter, No. 1, American Bar Association. (July 2013)
- The Supreme Court Denies Review of Kivalina Global Warming Damages Claim, 9 Native American Resources Committee Newsletter, No. 2 American Bar Association. (July 2013)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the following areas:
- Environmental Law (2011–2024)
- Litigation – Environmental (2016–2024)
- Natural Resources Law (2021–2024)
- Energy Law (2024)
- Listed in Chambers USA, Arizona, Leading Lawyer in Environmental Law (2015–2019)
- Led successful administrative appeal of environmental permit in a complex mining case.
- Negotiated settlements with state and federal agencies regarding hazardous waste violations at industrial manufacturing facilities, recycling facilities, and landfills.
- Performed environmental compliance audits on client’s industrial facilities state-wide, negotiated settlement of liability for violations, and developed compliance management procedures.
- Negotiated settlement of Superfund liability for pesticide-contaminated agricultural property impacting tribal land.
- Led a potentially responsible party search under federal and state Superfund laws for one of the largest Superfund sites in the country.
- Assisted a water provider in obtaining replacement supplies for production wells contaminated by mining wastes.
- Negotiated settlement of liability for petroleum releases from underground storage tanks. Negotiated settlement of liability under the Clean Air Act for asbestos handling violations.