Gary J. Van Luchene
Gary J. Van Luchene
Gary Van Luchene’s practice is primarily comprised of litigation with an emphasis on complex tort litigation, complex commercial litigation, and class actions. His experience includes defending toxic tort claims and a variety of personal injury claims.
Gary’s commercial litigation practice includes representing clients in cases involving complex insurance, healthcare and banking issues. He has defended wrongful termination employment cases involving multiple plaintiffs. He has extensive experience defending against class actions, including defending putative class claims alleging wrongful banking practices, civil rights violations and denial of healthcare benefits.
Gary is of record in two reported New Mexico Court of Appeals opinions involving class action issues. He holds an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
California Western School of Law, J.D., cum laude (1993)
Arizona State University, B.S. (1986)
- Executive Lead Articles Editor, California Western Law Review (1992-1993)
- Law clerk to Honorable Howard D. McKibben U.S. District Judge, District of Nevada 1995-1996
- Law Clerk to Honorable Phyllis Halsey Atkins, U.S. Magistrate Judge, District of Nevada, 1993-1995
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) Professional Liability Committee
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Honored by Southwest Super Lawyers® in 2014 and annually since 2016 for his work in the area of Civil Litigation
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the following areas:
- Commercial Litigation (2015–2024)
- Insurance Litigation (2024)
- Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants (2015–2024)
- Products Liability Litigation – Defendants (2015–2024)
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® as “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque, New Mexico (2017)