Estate Planning & Administration
The Estate Planning and Administration attorneys at Jennings Haug Keleher McLeod provide legal counsel to individuals, families, and businesses in wide range of matters related to effectively planning for the transfer of assets. Our services include estate planning, wills, trusts, business succession, and estate and trust administration.
Creating Your Estate Plan
- Distribution of assets at death to heirs and beneficiaries without the need of court involvement and with minimal loss to estate taxes and administrative fees
- Providing for the ongoing care and support of minor or disabled adult children
- Providing for management of assets in the event of incapacity without the need for a court appointed conservator
- Designating an individual to make medical and long-term care decisions in the event of incapacity to avoid the need for a court appointed guardian
- Plan for the orderly succession of leadership in a family-owned business
- Bestowing assets to a favorite charity
- Maintaining privacy of family affairs
Estate Planning Tools
- Last will and testaments
- Revocable trusts
- Durable financial powers of attorney
- Durable health care and mental health care powers of attorney
- Living wills and advance medical directives
- Beneficiary deeds and other beneficiary designations
- Special needs trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Family limited partnerships
- Buy-sell agreements
Estate Planning Tools
Jennings Haug Keleher McLeod’s experienced estate and trust administration attorneys assist clients serving as the personal representative (executor) of a decedent’s estate or the trustee of a trust to handle the complete process of estate administration (often referred to as probate) or trust administration.
Estate & Trust Litigation
Our estate and trust litigation attorneys are also available, when needed, to represent clients in a variety of contested estate and trust matters. Contested estate and trust matters may involve, among others, the representation of personal representatives or trustees in defending their administration of an estate or trust, or the representation of heirs or beneficiaries in protecting their interests in an estate or trust.
We welcome you to contact the Estate Planning and Administration attorneys of JHKM for an initial consultation to discuss your estate planning needs, or for counsel on an estate or trust litigation matter. Our attorneys serve clients in Arizona and New Mexico.